The move from primary to secondary school is an exciting and sometimes difficult stage in your child’s education.
Resources are available to help parents guide their children through this time of change.
- Education Department website – finding a school, enrolment process, tips for starting secondary school.
- Be You website – Establishing a trusting and supportive relationship, understanding changes that are likely to happen your child’s behaviour.
- Starting secondary school: a survival guide for parents – Article in the Guardian. (The article is from 2013 but the issues haven’t changed!)
- Starting Secondary School – Book by Michael Carr-Gregg and Sharon Witt. Choosing a school, settling in, study and homework, friendships, coping with difficulties.
- How to Help Your Child When They’re Starting High School – article published by Officeworks, with advice from experts including PV’s Gail McHardy