Who can be Parents Victoria members?
Parent Clubs at Victorian government schools, parents/guardians of children at government schools, or the schools themselves, can join by simply registering as members.
Any individual or organisation can join as a Friend of Parents Victoria.
Registered Full Member
Any school with a formally constituted Parent Club. Our preference is for the Parent Club to join and register a Parents Victoria Contact. If the Parent Club chooses not to register a contact, the school may register a parent and/or staff contact person.
Registered General Member
A General Member can be:
- An individual parent with a child at a Victorian government school
- A school that does not have a formally constituted Parent Club.
(A parent or staff member can register as a Parents Victoria Contact for the school.)
Friend of Parents Victoria
Any person or organisation that supports public education and believes in the right of parents to participate in their children’s education.
(If you have a child at a Victorian government school, you can join as a Full Member or General Member instead.)
Benefits of belonging
- We represent the parent perspective to the Education Department, State Government, other stakeholder groups and the media. We consult regularly with our members to ensure we represent their views.
- Members receive our monthly newsletter Parents Voice, packed with news and views of interest to parents and anyone interested in education.
- Members receive special invitations to our events.
- We need your support to continue our important work in advancing parent-school partnerships, through advocacy and the provision of information.
- As a member, you’ll have the satisfaction of being part of a dynamic and supportive organisation that’s been making a positive difference in Victorian schools since 1925.
The role of the PV Contact
- Receive our monthly newsletter Parents Voice and from time to time, other PV communications via email
We’d love you to:
- Review the information and share with your school community as appropriate.
- Act as a contact/liaison person to represent parents at your school
- Respond to, or share with others in your community, surveys and requests for feedback where PV is seeking opinions from school communities.
The role does not include:
- Representing the views of Parents Victoria in any public forum or in any form of media.
- Representation on the PV Board. This is a separate process, which you may also be eligible for.
- The right to advocate on behalf of Parents Victoria.
Register as a Contact now
Friends of Parents Victoria
This class of membership is open to any individual or organisation that supports public education and believes in the right of parents to participate in their children’s education. Note that if you have a child at a Victorian government school, you can join free of charge as a Full Member or General member – see above.
Please note that Friends of Parents Victoria do not have voting rights at our AGM.
Your membership application must be approved by the PV Board.
How to join
Fill in our membership form below.
The membership fee is $20 (including GST) per calendar year.