Beyond Blue has created a page just for parents, with lots of information about how to support your children’s mental health – and your own.
As the page says:
It’s important to understand that there is no ‘perfect’ family. Families are diverse. Each with its own circumstances, joys and challenges.
As a parent, having information and resources to understand and care for your child can help.
So can looking after your own mental health as much as possible.
There are sections on:
- Understanding child mental health
- Families and adversity
- Depression and anxiety in children and young people
- Perinatal depression & anxiety
- Looking after your mental health and wellbeing
- Helplines for families
- Child developmental stages: birth to 18