Ocean Grove Primary School has been working with John Hendry to implement the principles of Relationship based Education at the school. Scott McCumber (Principal) and Andy McNeilly (Mental Health and Wellbeing Co-ordinator) tell the school’s story and how RbE worked for their school, and parent Alex Fisher gives his view on RbE.
If you don’t have time to watch the whole video, here is a guide to the topics discussed, with time-points for each topic:
- 1:06 – Background and statistics of the school, how RbE fits in with existing programs, academic results
- 6:10 – Data showing improvements in students’ attitude to school, resilience, social engagement
- 8:00 – Why Relationship based Education at Ocean Grove Primary? Principal Scott McCumber explains.
- 12:30 – How RbE has been implemented at the school. Andy McNeilly on why the school chose John Hendry and RbE and how the principles of RbE are brought into the classroom and integrated with key learning areas.
- 22:35 – Alex Fisher (parent at the school) expresses his appreciation and support for the RbE activities at Ocean Grove Primary.