The Herald-Sun reports today that students returning to school this week have been told to carry a mask at all times, but they will only be “recommended” when in class.
According to the article, Education Minister James Merlino on Thursday confirmed the controversial coverings would not be “mandatory in schools, but it’s recommended if you can’t maintain social distancing”.
PV Executive Officer Gail McHardy is quoted in the article. Gail said communication between the government, schools and parents on masks had been clear.
She said the requirements were “no different to what’s out in the wider community”.