The Family-School Partnerships Framework document contains:
• A vision for improved partnerships between Australian families and schools
• A set of principles to guide families and schools in developing partnerships
• Seven key dimensions of effective family-school partnerships
• A set of strategies providing practical guidance to school communities and school systems in implementing and fostering family-school partnerships.
The Framework was published by the Federal Government and endorsed by the state Education Ministers in 2008, and refreshed in 2017 with a series of supporting materials, offering research insights, practical advice and a range of resources including fact sheets and case studies. All the materials are based on extensive research and policy work done by the Family-School & Community Partnerships Bureau, which is no longer operating.
Available for download
- Family-School Partnerships Framework (original 2008 document)
- 2017 update: Key dimensions of family-school partnerships
- 2017 update: Strategies
- 2017 update: School assessment tool
- 2017 update: Case studies
- Fact Sheet: Parent engagement in learning
- Fact Sheet: Learning at home
- Fact Sheet: Partnerships
- Fact Sheet: Building partnerships