Reliable and up-to-date information for parents and school students:
- Victorian Government coronavirus website – Education section
- Mask wearing in schools – (page on Coronavirus website)
- Contact tracing requirements for excursions – see below.
- Education Department COVID-19 hotline: 1800 338 663 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)
- For senior students – VCAA updates
- For senior students – VCAA hotline: 1800 134 197
- Health and safety advice for Victorian schools
- COVID-19 advice for schools
General health information and updates
- Victorian Government Coronavirus website
- Federal Health Department COVID-19 page
- Case locations and exposure sites (page on Coronavirus website)
Vaccine access for senior students
This document “PROMOTING COVID-19 VACCINE ACCESS FOR STUDENTS AGED 16+” has useful information for senior students and their parents, especially in the FAQ section.
Contact tracing requirements for excursions
The Educaton Department has issued the following advice to Victorian schools:
Some excursion venues are required to collect contact details and are responsible for managing record keeping for contact-tracing in line with current public health directives.
Most venues are required to use electronic record keeping that connects with an Application Programming Interface (API) linked provider or a digital system provided by Services Victoria.
The Department of Health has strongly recommended that a contact number for each individual student is provided. A school phone number alone is not considered sufficient. Providing contact details for individual students will expedite contact tracing so that individuals can be contacted by the Department of Health if required.
Parents/carers/guardians are advised that, when required, the school will be providing excursion venues with contact details for students. The phone number on school file for the student will be provided as the nominated contact number.
Venues will be collecting student names and contact phone numbers for a legitimate purpose and are subject to Victorian privacy laws so will handle the information securely and only retain it for the required 28-day period.